Friday 23 December 2011

OUAS 1DEC in the top 5 among featured pages and TCR #90 Family Tradtions

Here in Scandinavia we are counting the hours till Christmas as we celebrate on Christmas Eve 24th rather than on Christmas Day 25th. DH is doing the last round to the supermarket and I'm busy cooking. The cats are certainly feeling that something special is coming up and are more mischievous than they normally are. Been chewing on my hyacinths and sitting vigilance just outside the closet where I keep the pressies. Who says cats aren't clever?

To my utter delight and surprise my "Snooze" page was among the top 5 featured pages of the UOAS 1 December challenge. Erin Blegen from US won with her amazing layout called "Putting on the Spritz". Congrats to all ladies on your fabulous work and thank you DT for voting on my page! This is such a wonderful pre-Chrissy present!

Here's my page:



Today we also have the last palette of Christmas inspiration over at TCR. A very sophisticated and elegant palette of non-traditional colours:


We're working with Magenta, Silver, White and Black in Her Room.

This is my layout:


In my family it is tradition to write Christmas letters and lots of Christmas cards to family and friends near and far. The photo is of DH doing just that. I myself have more than 50 cousins who live all over the world, so it's quite a pile of cards that waits to be written :)

While we write our cards, we have glögg (recipe in one of my previous posts) and nibble on the first batch of Christmas cakes. Have some Christmas music playing in the background and lots of lit candles to get us in the right mood. This part is one of our most treasured Christmas traditions.

#90_Family Traditions 4000px-2

I have used papers from Teresa Collin, Basic Grey Black Dress and other bits and pieces that I had in my stash. I punched out circles of the different papers for the baubles, dressed them in snippets of Prima bling and lace. Cut out the tiniest little squares of black cardstock and placed with a tiny pop dot on the bauble before adhering a pearl and then "drawing" the hanger in Stickles Gold rather than glueing a ribbon or twine.

The grey alpha stickers are October Afternoon and the black ones are of course my faves at the moment - Prima. The silver "23" is American Crafts.

#90_Family Traditions 4000px-3

The little toy bear and bunny peeking out from the cut out quote and frame, are from Danish Tilda. Once again silver "25" from American Crafts. Little white liquid pearls dotted around the cut out "Christmas".

#90_Family Traditions 4000px-4

Some more baubles. I also smeared out a thin layer of glue on the baubles and poured both fine glitter as well as Shimmerz Enamelz in Jack Frost for some additional bling.

A scrummy stick pin from Meg's Garden and an acrylic star pin tucked in there on the left next to the photo.

#90_Family Traditions 4000px-5

Cut off snippets from a Prima script branch, a rose from KaiserCraft and a Prima jewel.

#90_Family Traditions 4000px-6

It's not easy to see, but there are two Prima chandelier jewels "hanging" to the far left. I've "drawn" their hangings in the same Stickles Gold as I did for the baubles. If you click on the photo, it'll come up bigger and you might have a better view.

A close-up of my DH.

On the front page of TCR are also some of the Christmas cards that I have already shared with you here but also some from the last and final batch that I promised to share with you today.

I made some tags that I then used to make cards with. Here are first the tags and then I show you what the finished card looks like. Everything on the tags and cards is from Danish Tilda.

TCR Tags Collection

TCR Christmas Tag 2

TCR Christmas Card 21

TCR Christmas Tag 3

TCR Christmas Card 19


TCR Christmas Tag 4

TCR Christmas Card 20


TCR Christmas Tag 5


TCR Christmas Tag 6

TCR Christmas Card 18

With the words of Emily Matthews I ring the Christmas bells and say Merry Christmas to ye all!

"From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another
The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other."

xoxox Eila

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on being featured its a beautiful page in soft colors.
    The tcr page its a stunner again with a great tradition there are so many sweet details on it and much better to see on your blog..\
    Great cards and in real life much better...i am glad a have a door to the halway ..Chippie love's mail now and you know WHY!!!!!
    Have a great christmas byeeeeee,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a genius idea to turn your gorgeous tags into cards. Oh they are DIVINE! And that snooze layout blew me away - magical layering. I just love your style. I'm wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2012 - can't wait to see what creations you have for the New Year! Thanks so much for always leaving such beautiful comments about my work - very appreciated! BTW - don't order any DA until mid to end of January (I'm getting all the new releases then :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eila your page is wonderful and all those little tags are absolutely beautiful.....I don't know where you find the time, you have created so much beautiful work this year. May be you have a couple of Santa's elves to help you, ha ha. Have a wonderful Christmas and may the new year be equally as successful and productive. Hugs from Australia. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi me again you ask about the heart on my beach page with glitz...i did some scrolling the shop where i found them won't sell them but i found a other dutch shop..where i shop to.
    www.hobbycompleet.nl its from Melissa Franches with all my heart and its 6,95 euro.I don´t know of they ship to your country but now you no the name you can find them some where else..
    The eye of Chippie is ok now..
    byebye and have a great christmas,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hihihi i am back they send to you to...my dutch is maby better than yours!
    There is now a discount from 15% on everything but you have to order before 31 december and there is a code it is...korting 2011...ok i am off now..............................

    ReplyDelete